Mar 18, 2009

Worlds Apart


On the week's eve of Anna turning 6 months old, here are some more Noah/Anna baby days comparisons I have not mentioned before.

Anna's formula is WAY cheaper than Noah's was. Hers (the Sam's generic for Enfamil Gentlease) costs us a little over $1 a day. Noah's hypoallergenic stuff (Enfamil Nutramigen - for which there was no generic version) cost us a whopping $8/$9 a day depending on where we could find it in stock.

We never needed to strap Noah into his stroller, bouncer, swing, or high chair. He was so happy to sit/lay, ride where you put him. Anna, like I said, is go, go, go, grab, reach, lean, twist, turn, scream, scream. Ergo - she must be strapped into everything that comes with straps. And if I am being honest, we really should strap her onto the changing table.

It is a chore to change Anna's diapers - she is so wiggly and rolls over on contact with the table. Noah was so docile you could leave him there unstrapped and walk across the room to pick out his clothes from the closet.

Anna still does not need bibs. She just doesn't drool enough to make it worth it. Noah, as I have said before, wore them til he was almost 2, I think. And even then would drool his shirts to sogginess.

Anna does not have a flat side of her head. Noah did - again because he was just so at ease with laying. Remember he didn't even roll over til 10 months. Anna is a regular roly-poly and just refuses to lay anywhere but in her bed when she is sleeping.

Anna is a teething drama queen. Noah was not in the least.

Anna has such soft clear skin. I was admiring it the other day and it made me recall what a rough road Noah had with his face and skin and still does. But as far as his facial skin at her age, he always had those rough red patches of excema break out beside his mouth. Or so we thought. Turned out to be allergic reactions all along. That poor baby.

Anna is a very light sleeper. Noah sleeps hard. We still go in and check on Noah every single night before we go to bed - sometimes to make sure he is covered, often just to get to see him one more time. Not so with Anna. Not a chance I am going into her room. She wakes up just at the sound of the door opening. And then of course the sleepy time is over. Not good.

Here are two shots of precious baby Noah at the same age Anna is now:

1 comment:

Emily said...

1. I am DYING laughing at how alike Anna and Natalie are in temperament and activity and bib.

2. I totally forgot about those changing table straps...Lee calls what Natalie does "barrel rolling" and I couldn't agree more. So irritating, but i liked how you said it. Upon contact with the table, she flips over.

3. I laughed at your "not a chance am I going into her room" hahaha. You crack me up!