Mar 16, 2009

Florida, Family, and Fun

Noah was living large last week when he headed south to FL to visit with Josh's family and his own birth family. Here are some snapshots of his trip and the all the fun that was had, starting with a couple shots from the airport.


There is all manner of fun at Memaw and Papa John's house - lots of space for running around, lots of cows to "moo" at, a cat, cousins Holly and Hannah, Uncle Jason and Aunt Yesi, too, a trampoline, a hot tub to swim in and kubota to ride on. I am surprised the boy was willing to come home again!





Noah, Josh, Memaw, and Papa John. Such a good picture.

They took to the ocean on one day on Papa John's new boat. Josh said Noah mostly kept his eyes shut for all the wind. That explains the downturned hat, I guess. :)




Josh and Noah spent one whole day with his birthmother, Tania, and her family. Noah met his biological grandmother for the first time also. From here on out he will be calling her Abuela, and his biological great-grandmother Granny. Noah also got to see his biological great-great grandmother for the second time on this visit. I have only gotten to see the pictures and ask Josh a million questions, but it is clear what a special time this was for everyone. I love the following shots of Noah and Abuela, and then the ones with Tania of course.





This picture has all 5 generations in it. Pretty special.


During Noah's visit with his birthfamily they had an early birthday party for him. Cake and presents and balloons and singing and all the attention a little boy can soak up. Noah was in heaven!


He is definately one lucky little boy - to have so many special people who love him.

7 comments:

Emily said...

SUCH good pictures! I'm so glad they got to have such a good time!

Heather said...

Wow, Kimmie! What a great experience for Noah! I always wonder if it's hard for you to extend the loving hand that you do to his birth family, but you always seem so excited to let him know of all the people that really love him. With adoption possibly someday in our future (will have to fill you in later on more of the details), you have really shown how open adoptions are so beneficial for everyone!

The White Family said...

Great pictures! I loved the pictures of Noah and Josh's parents/family! He looked like he had a great time. I think it is awesome that Noah will know his birth mother and family the way he does! You have shown how an open adoption can work!

Unknown said...

Kim, What an amazing experience. Noah is so blessed with you and Josh. To allow his birth family to be part of his life. They gave him a birthday party! Oh...I have tears. It's just amazing. I love how generous you are with him. You know how you see people and situations and you automatically see God's hand at work! That's what I'm seeing. I'm so proud of you!

Memaw said...

You and Matthew are a real testimony to the power of God's love in people's hearts. There doesn't have to be jealousy or selfishness or other reactions of the flesh. What a blessing for all of us who love Noah. I really
enjoyed having my boys here. Thank you for generously allowing them the time to come. Can't wait to see my little Anna. Love you.

Alison said...

Wow! I'm echoing everything said above. Just amazing!

Levi would have loved that party hat :). Oh, and he has that same soccer shirt! Although, I think he outgrew it last year.

Kimberly said...

Heather: Oooh, do tell! I am so curious to know!

Everyone: Thanks for all the nice comments!