Mar 7, 2009

Guilty

Lately, Noah is quite impressed with anything Jesus would say or do. If Jesus teaches it, Noah wants to do it. His fervor for all things Jesus is just too adorable and creates a number of teachable moments throughout the day. So forgive my inner opportunist for having stretched the WWJD conversation a bit for the sake of potty training. I am at my wits' end. What's a girl to do?

Yes, I am a guilty of fearing the potty training will never end...successfully anyway. Yes, I am guilty of using speculation of the historical-biblical sort to coerce my son into taking his potty training a little more seriously.


Yes, I told Noah that Jesus uses the potty like a big boy.


And I would feel bad except that it has worked. He is twice as motivated and twice as proud to go potty like Jesus would. I am the proud mama of boy after God's own heart...and personal hygiene.

Please refrain from giving me the you-should-be-ashamed-of-yourself look. Josh has already beaten you to the punch.

4 comments:

Alison said...

So, how exactly does Josh think Jesus went to the bathroom? :)

Emily said...

I though exactly what Alison thought! haha. If it works, it works. Yay for Noah!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that one! Love it! : )

Bill and Melodie said...

Hey, Mary Ann has promised Carter a trip to Memphis to see Elvis's house when he is potty trainied, you do what you gotta do... Luckily, Fern was motivated by M&Ms, but I don't think ROsa will be quite as easy.