Mar 31, 2009

Annabelle

I know I seem to be writing about Noah a lot lately. Is that bad? Shouldn't I be writing an even amount of posts for each of my kids? Am I not being fair to my baby girl, am I playing favorites? That is really not where my heart is about my two kids...it is just that there is more happening with Noah. And this is not surprising given that Anna is still a baby and there is really only so much a baby can do when she can't talk, crawl, or sit up for more than 20 minutes at a time.

But in the interest of writing about Anna these days, know this....

She is now officially 6 months old. She weighs 13 lbs. and 8 oz. She is in the 10th percentile in weight, 50th %ile in height. And her head is really small....the nurse told me 3rd %ile, but the dr. said 25th %ile after she remeasured, but between you and me, the tape measure was really loose when the dr. measured. Either way, the kid has a shrunken head which might explain why everyone remarks about how small she is. :)

She is a screamer through and through. There is no inbetween mood with her. She is content or she is furious. I believe Josh deemed her "Princess Pissed-Off" this morning and I have to agree. Ohhhh, the screaming and shrieking. Ungodly.

We have her down to only one middle-of-the-night feeding now...usually between 12-3 am, but in response...she gets up before the sun at the ripe morning hour of 5:45. Ugh.

She has tasted sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, pears, bananas, and prunes. We will try some green veggies later this week. Wish us luck.

We gave away her baby swing and activity gym today and I am so glad to have the floor space back. Next up to get out of the house because she really just won't tolerate them anymore is her bouncy vibrator seat and her car seat. We got her a nice little Britax one (on sale and with free shipping!) that I can't wait to get in the car.

She still cannot get to sleep unless she is swaddled although she is out of the swaddle by the time she wakes up again. And she still does not hold her own bottle...which is odd, because Noah was holding his own bottle around 4/5 months old.

Anna has a humorous chuckle...it kind of sounds like - Huh, huh, pause pause, huh, huh. And it is usually in response to Noah.

Her favorite toy lately is the lid to a disposable tupperware container, and any of Noah's car, train, truck tires that are within reach.

I love, love, love her big, blue eyes. I count it as a special and personal favor from the Lord to me that she has blue eyes. That was the one superficial thing I asked Him for before she was born.

3 comments:

Emily said...

your last comment cracks me up...good Anna post! What fun.

Alison said...

Your comment on playing favorites made me pause, because we just talked about that at LG on Sunday. The question was do we play favorites. I immediatly said yes, but had to think through it. Kara needs me 100 times a day, Levi needs me about 5 times a day. It is a whole lot easier to help Levi with a good attitude than Kara when we are on item #99 for the day. So, I guess it is really that my attitude is much more pleasant around Levi than Kara, not so much that I am playing favorites. Anyway, sounds like a blog post to me...sorry to monopolize your comment section!

Kimberly said...

Alison - It's like I am still in LG or something...what a funny coincidence!