Jan 9, 2011

Unloading my Brain

  • I attended a Couponing 101 class this week.  My head is still spinning.  It is exciting, but at first it is quite overwhelming, too.  I did Walgreens and Publix today to practice my sale shopping in conjunction with coupons and some stacking of coupons.  Overall, I saved $50.  It's a good start.  But I got home and had to just sprawl on the couch and wait for my muscles to relax and my blood pressure to go down.  I am such a dork.
  • Can't wait to see Auburn's game tomorrow night!  
  • I love that iTunes now allows 90 second previews instead of 30.
  • Josh is supposed to fly out to AZ tomorrow for a week-long conference.  I'm counting on this winter storm to keep him here a couple more days.  
  • We are letting Noah's hair grow and grow and grow.  It's painful, but I think we just passed the worst stage and now it's just curl city and is seems to be managing itself instead of sticking out in weird spots.  
  • Anna is amazing me with her speech.  She is speaking in full sentences and prepositions and such.  She is outspeaking Noah on some counts.  Watching a little brain grow and absorb is just astounding to me.
  • Noah can't say Jingle Bells.  He says Jinger Bells.  And he can't say Tinkerbell.  He says Tinklebell.   Go figure.
  • Anna got so mad at me this morning because I made her wear white socks and she wanted the pink.  She got so mad she threw her shoe right past my head!  I nipped that in the bud right away.  But she still refused to say "I'm sorry."  Flat out refused while she looked me straight in the eye.  Josh had to leave the room with his face away from Anna so she could not see the laughter he was stifling.
  • We've decided to stick with First Baptist Church of Gallatin, which means now it is time to get involved and/or join a small group.  We tried a Sunday school class today.  Afterward we both agreed right away that it was not the one for us, so we'll try another next week that someone else recommended.
  • After a box of nails fell onto my head and busted open and spilled all over the kitchen floor, I said, "JOSH!  The top of the fridge is NOT your workshop!"   "It's not?"  he called back. 
  • I made a killing at Goodwill again yesterday.  You just would not believe the excellent stuff I got for $1 a pop.  It will yield such a great return - I can't wait!  I found such great deals, I think I'll do a picture post sometime this week just to wow you all.  I also got a belgian waffle maker for us for $2. 
  • I asked Noah what they talked about in his Sunday School class today.  He said they talked about Jesus dying on the cross and about Andrew who catched fish.  :)  Then he said,"'Wise men fahwow God.' Dat's what God says."  I adore the authority his voice takes when he is repeating what he has learned about God.
  • Just as soon as I posted about Noah finishing his nighttime dry pull-up chart last week, Noah went a SOLID WEEK this week with not one dry overnight pull-up.  Not one.  So discouraging.  (What are you, Laura? A prophetess?) But today, finally today, he woke up with a dry pull-up.  He and I were just so, so excited about it.
  • I sold 5 books on Amazon this weekend and it is such fun!
  • I posted this on FB, but I wanted to say here, too - THIS year, I am gettin' horn happy on all the texting-while-driving people I see.  Horn. Happy. or maybe Horn Grumpy is a better word for it.
  • Chick-Fil-A:  Anna says, Chicken Way.  Noah says, Chick Away.
  • Anna is on top of things.  She reminds me to put Desitin on her, reminds Josh to get his glasses before he leaves the room, reminds me to read her the Bible after her storybook at bedtime, and reminds me to set her clock.   
  • Noah is suddenly wierded out by drinking after us or using a utensil that has already been in any of our mouths.
  • Noah asked me just now if I would like for him to play more video games. 
  • Get a load of my girl watching TV today:

4 comments:

Emily said...

on my way out the door, so I couldn't finish the post...but I got to where Noah's hair is growing out! YaY! I didn't think it looked as bad you thought it did when ya'll passed through either....He's a handsome little guy!

Amy Faye Brown said...

love her little shoes and her flexibility!
we finally got Aaron's hair cut and now he complains about his head being cold!

Adrian said...

I could comment on so many of these :) I hit up Goodwill too yesterday - 50% off baby! Woo-hoo!
I found a purse, books, and some cute clothes for both Cole and Cade, all around the $1 mark as well (GAP jeans with an adjustable waist - totally hit the jackpot!). LOVE a great deal! Wish I would've had more time to browse. . . soon!

Kimberly said...

I know! I came home with so much GAP stuff and better and plenty of Gymboree and such. In Brand New condition no less. I love that place!