Jan 19, 2011

Some More Kimmie Quirks

  • I cannot bring myself to type LOL, even though that is exactly what I mean to say.
  • I have a thing for topiaries.  I have not one, but I think I might change that.  Make some, maybe.
  • I save napkins we have leftover when we're out now.  They go a long way actually.
  • My hot glue gun is my new best friend.
  • I have my heart set on a Silhouette SD machine for my birthday.
  • This is the first year in 6 years that we will not have adoption on the brain or the calendar.
  • I'm pretty sure it's nearly impossible for me to type much without an exclamation mark.
  • Strategical and Irregardless are NOT words!
  • I love rainy days.
  • During the holiday season, I got so over hearing everywhere that Christmas is all about giving and family.  It's not.  Those are great and honorable byproducts that testify to the truth - Jesus.  Christmas is all about Jesus's birth! The end.  Or should I say, the beginning ... of all that other good and fun stuff we think of during this season.  
  • I appreciate hearing someone still say how good God is at a time when they didn't just get their way. 
  • I do my best thinking in the shower, or when I'm driving alone, or when I'm listening to music.  Apparently, whenever I shut up. 
  • A typical breakfast for me is a couple Excedrin Migraine pills. 
  • I am starting to wish I could sew - I think I'll add that to my 2011 To-Do List.  
  • I have also added "Take the kids to the ocean" to our 2011 To-Do List.
  • I'm reading 3 books right now:  Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney, The Book Thief by Markus Zusack, and Praying the Names of God by Ann Spangler.
  • Most recent downloads:  Several songs from the movie Coming Home, This is the Stuff by Francesca Battistelli, and Stay by Lisa Loeb

11 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

*the fact that you call yourself Kimmie cracks me up because I think of myself as Amy Faye, the name most of my older Davis relatives call(ed) me. However, this week I had a professor call me Amy Faye which endeared her to me all the more.
*I love bulleted lists! My hermeneutics professor thanked me for using them in an assignment.
*LOL - don't use it either. Instead I use a smiley face which is probably equally as annoying.
*Get, get, get the Silhouette. As little as I get to use my Cricut I still adore it.
*Sewing? Me, too! I could kick myself for not buying the sewing machine Wal-mart had advertised on Black Friday. So many little projects I have to pass up because I don't own a sewing machine. I'd be happy with just a simple one or someone's used one.
*Ocean you say. Well, have I got the place for you! The world's most beautiful beaches just happen to be right out my back door.
*BTW - regrettably I don't own the book I mentiioned to you. It's a library copy. Amazon hasn't marked them down low enough for me yet to justify the purchase.

Kimberly said...

- the Kimmie started with some high school friends and it stuck in college among those same friends and those same friends only. And nowadays, I like it, too. It's perky. :)
- We've found a special for the Silhouetter for $225. That amount hurts, but Josh says we should since it's $100 cheaper than normal. Jury is still out. I keep hesitating...
- We've narrowed our beach destinations down to Gulf Shores or Orange Beach area (although I like Destin, too). But Josh said last night, whichever we do, we'll be seeing y'all in the same trip. :)

Emily said...

Get the sewingmachine...I don't even know what a sillouette thing is....but sounds cool....Let me know if you like.

I can help you sew! You'll love the instant results you get when you start a project. (after you've cussed your way through figuring out how to read the pattern and actually do what it's saying to do.)

Amy Faye Brown said...

I have a friend who's real big into crafting right now and is doing it as part-time income. Her new thing is pillowcase dresses for little girls. Adorable! Check her out on FB at Glitzy Mommas Friers-Cruz. They look simple enough and I know some little girls who would look oh, so cute in them. My "little" girl not so much. :)

Kimberly said...

I think I'll be tickled just to sew a straight line! Forget about following a pattern. :) I will certainly let you be my tutor next time I see you.

And Amy - Emily makes a mean pillow case dress already. And I keep telling her to stock up and sell those bad boys. Emily, check it out!

Mom of Three, Four and Under said...

I love your blog...so glad I am back at it...and I don't like LOL either because I think there are better ways of saying it than using an acronym. Same goes for x-mas. What is that about? :)

Kimberly said...

Get this, I just learned about that this past Christmas. Apparently, X is the greek letter that starts the word for Christ, and in the early church when not everyone could read and write, they were at least able to recognize and write X. X stood/stands for Christ.

Now I cringe a little less when I see it. ;)

Adrian said...

Great list - lots of similarities here!
We really enjoy Gulf Shores - our favorite stay was at The Beach Club (technically Fort Morgan, AL I believe). It's on it's own peninsula and is a LOVELY resort - still within 5-10 min. of all the Gulf Shore 'action' :) Check it out!

Kimberly said...

That is exactly where we narrowed our choices down to - Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area - when another friend recommended Gulf Shores to us on Monday. Thanks for the tips! I remember Josh mentioning a Ft. Morgan on the map and I kind of turned up my nose because it didn't sound vacationy. I stand corrected!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I love lists... particularly your lists.

I boycott LOL too.

I have NO idea what a Silhouette SD is. None.

I gave my sister my sewing machine when we moved to Prague.

I've started a new "sewing" project for this year - a Christmas tree skirt. It's actually embroidery, but I think that counts as some form of sewing, right?

I started looking for (and found soon after) a hot glue gun as soon as we arrived in Prague. They're such useful creatures.

Therapeutical isn't a word either.

You should really consider finding a new breakfast. :) So sorry that's your norm.

I'm reading Womanly Dominion and Sacred Influence (again) right now.

God is always good. Always.

One of my all-time favorite songs is "Life is Hard (God is Good)" by Pam Thum. Not a new song, but definitely a good one that God often brings to mind and uses to remind me of his goodness.

Kimberly said...

Oh Elizabeth - Just you wait til I get my hands on my Silhouette - you'll know soon enough what it is. :) You know there is a Sacred Parenting book, too - that's the one I read.