Jan 10, 2011

Recipe: Toasted Ravioli

As long as you don't start a small kitchen fire like I did, follow these directions from my MOPS cookbook for another wonderful meal. Anna even ate this one, if you can believe that.  :)

Toasted Cheese Ravioli and Marinara Sauce
  • 1 pkg refrigerated cheese ravioli (I used frozen.)
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 T milk
  • 2 c Italian bread crumbs (I had regular bread crumbs.)
  • vegetable oil
  • 1 jar of marinara sauce (We only used 1/3 jar...for dipping.)
  1. Cook ravioli according to package directions.  Rinse with cold water and toss with olive oil. Set aside.
  2. Stir eggs and milk together.  Dip ravioli in egg mixture and coat with bread crumbs.
  3. Pour vegetable oil to the depth of 2 inches in a dutch oven and heat to 350. (I used a pan on the cooktop instead). Fry ravioli a few at a time (about 1 minute) on each side or until golden brown. (I cooked about 9 at a time.)
  4. Drain on coffee filters and serve with marinara sauce.

No comments: