Jan 13, 2011

Goodwill Hunting Goodies

So awhile back I told you about our idea to buy great clothes at killer prices at Goodwill and then turn around and consign them for a profit. Our Gallatin Goodwill makes this so easy - they have such great stuff! We've continued to go since then, and I went again this past weekend on the 50% off day. I got almost 70 items for a little over $70. Here's some examples of what I'm talking about. These are my favorites from my most recent trip, all for $1 each. This sample set ended up being mostly Baby Gap stuff, although there is a beautiful E Land sweater and a Children's Place cord jacket. My favorite favorite is the Osh Kosh sweater with the bear on it. I just wish I had an 18 month old boy to put it on! (One buying tidbit - what we're finding is that we'll make a better profit off of fall/winter clothes than we would spring/summer.)

8 comments:

Emily said...

oooooo pretty stuff! I'd buy it at a consignment sale....but I'm sure I wouldn't find it at our goodwills, LOL! Nashville must have some NICE dress-ers

Amy Faye Brown said...

I think we're going to start scouting out the Goodwills down at the beaches.

Kimberly said...

It's just fun - I really like doing it. It would be fun for you and Beka to do together actually. Our store has half price days and other 99cent days for certain color tags. Totally find out what your stores special sale days are and go then!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

If we end up adopting a toddler later this fall here in Prague, I'm going to send you shopping for me at your Goodwill, okay? I'm sure that even with paying for shipping to Prague I'd still save money!

Kimberly said...

Whoa, girl! I guess you're telling people now?! And don't I love the idea of you two with a toddler! You'll have to update me soon.

As for the clothes hunting - I would be honored and I would NOT let you pay me to ship it. It would be my shower gift to you. ;)

Unknown said...

You're inspiring me to visit a local Goodwill here. I never have but I always hear that people find good things there. BTW, nice clothes there!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Well, not actually telling people... though we did tell a couple of friends while we were home for Christmas. Your blog is private and I figured no one but Amy and Carol know me. :)

Cindy said...

Okay, I NEED to go checkout the Goodwill store!