Jan 12, 2011

Dry Night Theology

Noah's head appears at the side of my bed promptly at 6:34 in the morning.
Noah:  Guess what.
Me: You're dry!
Noah:  No,  Mommy.  I want to say it!
Me: Ok, what?
Noah:  I dwwwwwyyyyyyyy!
Me:  Oh yay!  I know, I helped you.
Noah: No, God help me.  Not you. GOD.
(I think we're both right, but I let him win for the sake of the lesson.  I did get him up to go potty when I went to bed because we are still home from school on snow day 3 while Josh is still out of town and I reaaaaaaallly wanted us to have some time away from each other while he plays video games - which he can only do if he stays dry at night.  BUT, I also encourage him to pray and ask God to help him wake up in the night to go potty, too.  He says he did get up with God's help, but I suspect he just doesn't remember that that was actually me.  Then again, God does bless us through our parents, so like I said, we are actually both right. I didn't have the heart to burst his bubble.)

4 comments:

Memaw said...

well, "in Him we live, move, and have our being."

Kimberly said...

Can't argue with that just like I can't argue with the boy. :)

Unknown said...

:-)

Emily said...

you tell her Noah!