Jan 5, 2011

Recipe: 7 Can Soup

I don't even want to guess what the amount of sodium was.

It was an instant meal.  It tasted great.  And it yields enough to freeze for another quick dinner (or more) down the road. Works for me for when I don't feel like standing in the kitchen after a busy and tiring day.

7 Can Soup  (thank you MOPS cookbook)
  • 1 can chili w/beans
  • 1 can chili w/o beans
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 1 can vegetable soup
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can mixed veggies
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
Dump in pot. Do not drain.
Heat.
Eat.

We enjoyed this soup with crackers and cheese.  And by we, I do not mean Anna, too.  She, like I said before, does not do dinner.  She does however turn her nose up, push the plate as far away as possible, and say in her whiniest voice, "No want it."  Don't take it personal, 7 Can Soup.  She's like this with all our p.m. meals.

4 comments:

Adrian said...

Don't you just LOVE the MOPS cookbook?! It's one of my favs!
I think we need another one next year. We have quite a few new moms, and us 'oldies' definitely have more recipes we can submit!

Kimberly said...

Oh, I totally love it! I have so many more recipes from it still just waiting for me to get to them. A number of yours, too, in fact. Most interesting to me is the parmesan green beans. :)

Adrian said...

Those are always a hit when I make them for guests and are a great 'non-traditional' take on a classic veggie. Hope you enjoy!
**Feel free to pass any good recipes you've found my way. . . always on the lookout for something new!

Kimberly said...

Oh I will - I always post our "thumbs up" recipes here on the blog. If you click on the label Recipes you will see all of our picks so far there. :)