Jan 23, 2011

Recipe: Chicken a la Slow Cooker

This basic recipe a la my MOPS cookbook gets a thumbs up from me because A.) it does not use cream of mushroom - I hate cream of mushroom, B.) you don't have to defrost the chicken, C.) it's slow cooker (aka- easy), and D.) it was good.  We served it over rice and the extra gravy it made was just right.

Chicken a la Slow Cooker
  • 4-6 chicken breasts
  • 1 pkg. onion soup mix
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cream of celery or 1 can cream of broccoli (depending on your taste)
Put chicken in slow cooker.  Pour package of onion soup mix in, followed by both cans of soup.  Cook until well done - 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.  (I used 3 large frozen chicken breasts and cooked 5 hours on high.) Stir occasionally.

5 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Totally what's for dinner tonight!

Cindy said...

I am making this!

Kimberly said...

This must be Kimmie recommendation day because Kristin just emailed me saying she scored at Goodwill. And I have been all about suggesting MagicJack lately, too. :) Just call me 411.

Except not really. But still.

Amy Faye Brown said...

For some reason mine was way too thick so I added about a cup to a cup and a half of water and then it was just right! It was a big hit, thanks.

Kimberly said...

I cringed when I read your first part - but I exhaled when it turned out ok. :) So glad y'all liked it.