Aug 23, 2011

Recipe: Italian Mac & Cheese

Macaroni and cheese is totally a guilty pleasure of mine.  I could eat it and only it for days.  So it's no wonder I gobbled this mac and cheese variation at dinner and finished off Anna's as well.  Two thumbs up here.

Creamy Italian Mac and Cheese  (from Kraft Food and Family magazine)

1 pkg.(7.5 oz) Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 tub (10 oz) Philadelphia Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Creme
2 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
    1. Heat oven to 375.
    2. Prepare mac/cheese as directed on package; spoon into 1.5 qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray.
    3. Spoon cooking creme over macaroni; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
    4. Bake 10 minutes.
    Kimmie's trufax for this recipe:  I did not have the cooking creme on hand so I subbed in half a tub of whipped cream cheese that I melted in the microwave and I mixed some Italian seasonings into that.  I did not even use half of the 2 cups of bread crumbs.  It was more like half a cup and Josh STILL thought that was too much; not me, though. I was the one gobbling it, remember?  Also, I stirred it all together before I put it in the oven.

    Served this dish with ham steak and garden fresh tomatoes. Yum!

    3 comments:

    Amy Faye Brown said...

    We had mac 'n cheese, ham, and sweet potatoes tonight. This sounds yummy!

    Kimberly said...

    That is one crazy coincidence!

    Emily said...

    yum is right!