Aug 31, 2011

From Today's Sick Day

Noah's had lots of time to think today as he rests at home with a fever. All morning he's been on the couch except for a few minutes on the floor with Anna's Duplos.  Then he went back to sleep in his room for a couple hours.  He's actually hungry now, so that is a good sign. And his fever is under 100 now, too.


I just got him situated back on the coach with some foods (pickles, pretzels, and cantaloupe) and The Berenstain Bears and he sighed and asked me how much longer before Daddy gets home.  Four more hours, I said.  "Oh," he said.  Then he went on to say, "Mommy, I wuv my daddy.  Him great at doing Wegos (legos) I can't do.  And video games.  And getting batteries for the weemotes (remotes).  Him great at everything." 

Then he said, "Mommy, can you come sit with me?"   It reminds me how we felt guilty for enjoying it a little bit when he was sick as a baby. He let us hold and hold and hold him during those times.

Off to go sit with (aka -hold) my baby now. 

3 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

1. He looks so much more grown up in that picture than I remember him looking a few months ago.
2. So sorry he's under the weather. Hope he's better soon.
3. I love y'all. Just sayin'. I love your family unit and the harmony and sweetness within it.

Kimberly said...

He DOES look a little older, doesn't he?

Unknown said...

Awwwww I'm sure he's all better now but awwwwwww.