Aug 8, 2011

Kindergarten Day 2

Today is Noah's first phase-in day at school.  It's another half day but with more of the class there.  I was actually able to talk to the teacher for a few minutes when I dropped him off, so that in itself made me feel much better about things.  She welcomed my emailing her to set up a time to come in and talk with her about how this year will flesh out regarding Noah's peanut allergy.  And she let me know there is another student in the class with a severe allergy as well (tree nuts).  I was all, "Oh good!"  And then I clarified, Not good to have an allergy, but just good that that's one more reason they will be extra careful about food and ingredients this year.

Anyway, today there were no screaming children, so I didn't mind asking Mrs. Miller to take a picture with Noah.  Here's our first official "Back to School" picture for Noah's kindergarten year. What fun!

And, yes, I JUST noticed that the boy put his pants on backwards.  : o. Sigh. Kindergartners.  They are so cute, they can get away with stuff like this, I guess.  Something else precious and pitiful is how Noah says Mrs. Miller.  It comes out, as you might expect, as "Miss Miwwer."  Uh-dorable.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She's so cute! She has that "Kindergarten teacher" look about her...which is a good thing. I knew she would welcome your concerns. Not happy to hear about another allergy sufferer but glad he/she is with Noah so it'll make them more vigilant about it.

Kimberly said...

I know, right?! She is as cute as a button. :)

Memaw said...

God bless ALL kindergarten teachers everywhere! Our boy looks SHARP!
even with his pants on backwards.

Kimberly said...

Update - his pants were on straight by the time I picked him. When I asked him if his pants were on backwards today, he just looked at me all funny - probably trying to figure out how I knew about that. :)
I think "Mz. Miwwer" probably clued our boy in.