Aug 3, 2011

Quoth the Memaw

I just adore this picture of Anna from last week sometime.  What's not to love about little girls, piggie tails, pink bows, tank tops, baby soft skin, and quiet play? 


That's why I melted when my MIL responded to this picture on FB by captioning it, "You are my sunshine."  Perfectly said, I thought.  It made me sigh, too, because that is a song I have known since childhood and I have sung it to Anna since she was a tiny baby, but I don't know if you knew that, Carol.  Anyway, Anna is just that ... my sunshine.

She's also a stormy gray cloud and a fiery bolt of lightening, but lucky for her, I love thunderstorms.

4 comments:

Memaw said...

Thunderstorms sometimes bring pleasant surprises. They are interesting and fascinating. I did not know about your singing that song to her but I always loved it and the glow on her in that picture made me think of it.

Emily said...

Oh my word...I love that last line....awwwwwe!!!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Ditto Emily. :)

Kimberly said...

Hee, hee, hee ... Thanks!!