Aug 15, 2011

Prayers for Kindergarten

Today has been Noah's first FULL day of kindergarten.


He feels so out of my reach right now while he's there.  So out of my control, my watch, my protection.  So I am talking myself down from a worrisome cliff by remembering whose watch Noah IS in.  I have appealed to the Lord a little more today on behalf of my baby and this new social and academic career he is beginning.

I pray for that hedge of protection around his eyes, ears, and heart.  I pray he is making the right kind of friends - friends who will not expose him to words, ideas, and attitudes that are not Christ-like or that would steal his innocence.  I pray he finds favor with his teacher and I pray the Lord forgives me for that selfish request. :)  I pray he is choosing obedience and kindness even if others are not.  I pray he is encouraged in the subjects he is learning and confident in himself to be able to do them all.

And, oh my word, I pray he does not have his first epi-pen incident this year.

Off to go pick up the boy now.  Which reminds me, I pray he is not so exhausted that he melts down like he did last week before I can get him up to his room to rest.

1 comment:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I love your prayer. Can't wait to hear how his first full week went!