Aug 10, 2011

Noah's Last Playdate

I didn't realize it this morning when we went, but today marked Noah's last playdate with my Sumner County SAHM Meetup Group.  After this, he's a full time grade school student.  Wow!

Today's playdate theme was a Prince/Princess Tea Party at a friend's house in our neighborhood.  Noah ended up being the only boy aside from a few babies, so we took the liberty of tweaking the Prince idea and had him arrive as a Valiant Knight.  Anna, as planned, arrived in her new princess gown.


Tea and treats.


Marshmallow Toss.


I have so enjoyed the group of 50 women I have met in this play group and now call friends.  It has been a fun year for Noah especially.  Now it's time for Anna to start making friends on her own; she has certainly grown up so much in the past year!  This next year in Meetup will take on a whole new feel as I'll come with just my one littlest baby.  So strange!  I can't imagine what this will all feel like, but I welcome the changes that that entails.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Noah can still come to the afternoon playdates at the park and places like that.

Thanks for coming to our tea party today! I loved his knight outfit.

Amy Faye Brown said...

How stinking cute! Looks like a great, fun group!
(made me reminisce a little since Aaron used to be the only boy at all our gatherings and he had to be the lone prince at a party one time...wish I'd have thought of the valiant knight idea then.)

Emily said...

kinda makes you tear up a little doesn't it? I really like Noah's costume!