Aug 30, 2011

Post-Cafeteria Rant

Heaven, help me to GRACIOUSLY address the issue of Noah's peanut allergy with his teacher and the principal again.  My lunch date at school with Noah DID NOT GO WELL today.  It wasn't so much that Noah clammed up on me (which he did) as it was the fact that he is apparently sandwiched between peanut-butter sandwiches regularly at lunch ... and as kids will do, their pb hands touched the contents of his lunchbox 6 times while I sat there in a 20 minute time frame.  I could just cry from the fear and frustration.  Or fury.

What part of "severely allergic" do the school officials not understand?!

They are so gonna make me go all 504 plan on them.  I don't wanna get pushy, but I will!  I have one more friendly reminder for them in me and then I am gonna get ugly.   That is, if heaven doesn't grant me a bit more grace than my emotions are affording me right now.

Pardon the rant.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I don't think you need to friendly or ugly, but you definitely need to be FIRM.

Heather said...

Kimmie...this is not at all a rant and they absolutely need to be firmly reminded again of his allergy. Defintely don't apologize! Go get 'em...with grace. :)

Kimberly said...

Yes, exactly, on both counts! Thank you!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Agree, agree, agree.

Gracious, but FIRM.

No need for friendly or ugly.

Praying for you...

Amy Faye Brown said...

Praying for you and this situation. I agree with everyone else... no need for ugliness. Just be firm and don't back down! (and sing Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" in your head for encouragement)

Memaw said...

You ARE his advocate, don't feel bad about standing up for your child.