Apr 7, 2009

Bible Quotes Pt. 2

This is my second installment of writerly phrases and verses in the Bible that I have collected along the way in my reading lately. Again, just because I like the sound, the expression, the words - the poetry of the writing.

2 Cor. 5:4 - swallowed up by everlasting life
2 Cor. 5:11 - solemn fear
2 Cor. 5:18 - newness of life
2 Cor. 5:20 - Be reconciled to God!

Gal. 1:15 - For it pleased God in his kindness to choose me and call me, even before I was born! What undeserved mercy!

Eph. 1:5,6 - His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for his wonderful kindness he has poured out on us because we belong to his dearly loved Son.

Eph. 1:18 - flooded with light
Eph. 2:7 - the incredible wealth of his favor and kindness
Eph. 3:12 - glad welcome
Eph. 3:17 - I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts.

1 comment:

Memaw said...

I shared with my Sunday School class yesterday that my favorite part of the description of the Holy
City is that God will dwell with us
("The tabernacle of God is with men") I can't imagine that the Holy
God would want to live with such
creatures but then I remember that "we shall be changed in a moment" - we will be more pleasant to dwell with then much like Anna
being a happy, contented baby instead of fussy Anna.