Jan 29, 2016

Skaters

I took my young'uns to the skating rink on the last of our county's five snow days earlier this week.  Me.  By myself. Outnumbered 3 to 1. Two of which were on wheels, inviting all manner of collision and injury and wailing potential.  Actually, technically, all three were on wheels;  Lasa was in the stroller.


No one broke their face or anything, so Phew!  Winning! Noah didn't even fall once.  Anna fell once and did not get up.  Just layed there weeping until I picked her bony little body up off the floor. Then it was all ok and she ended up skating longer than anyone. Noah enjoyed the jams they played overhead.  Boogie happened.


We had our buddies the Williams and the Jeffs there, too, so Double Win of an outing!  Anna is begging to try ice skating soon, so after Lasa goes home one day, that will be high on our to-do list.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

If y'all go ice skating and want company, Claire and I will definitely come.

Kimberly said...

Oh, that's how I envisioned it going, trust me! :} We'd want the pros there with us!

Emily said...

My kids want to do that sometime too! They are nervous about trying, but what a fun experience :)

Cindy said...

Emily, this place just opened up in Madison and has roller and ice skating. I took my kids there last fall: http://insanitycomplex.com

There's also a nice ice rink in Huntsville that I used to go to a lot when I was in high school: http://www.hsviceplex.org/public-skating/