Jan 5, 2016

Festive on Tuesday

I know the holidays are behind us, and I have taken down my Christmas cards as a result, yes.  But I have happened upon a genius idea that a friend shared on FB that will keep that festive fun alive all year.  She made the cards into ornaments to use again ... and, after making my own, I do believe I can leave them out on my mantel all year.  I LOVE how they turned out.  I love the faces.  I love the shapes.  I love the colors.  I love it.  Love it. Love it.  Love it.  

I am already imagining making some out of graphic colored cardstock to make matching ornaments sets as gifts for teachers next year.  They are so easy,  so fun to make, and so pretty in the end. :)

Taa Daa!  My pretty new ornaments/decor.... I have heard the idea to keep Christmas cards and use them to pray over those families in the coming year.  I am gonna let this display serve this purpose, too.  Love it!


I love it so much, I pulled out my recycled Christmas card stash that I used to keep in my classroom for scrap paper and made two more just for the fun of it - one Santa-themed, the other Nativity-themed. Gonna tie on some jute and hang these bad boys on the tree for sure!


And with that, I promise I am done now.  Til next Christmas at least. :}

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Those are cool!

Kimberly said...

Thanks!! They are also cool to hold in your hand. Just something about the shapes...

Emily said...

nice!