Jan 8, 2016

First Time on Thursday

I have said for years that I was surprised grocery stores didn't offer a service yet that would allow you to order your items online and just pull up and pick them up.  Which is why I was thrilled a few months ago to hear a local WalMart Superstore and an even more local Kroger Marketplace were trying it out.  Since then, I have heard friends rave about how awesome their experience with it was.  I just needed to figure out how I was gonna work it out in my routine.  I just needed to plan ahead enough to have a full list AND then to sit down with it at the computer and figure out their ordering system.  

Well, I did it.  And as most first-times go, it was kinda weird, but kinda great!  :) 


I dropped my kiddos off at co-op, headed right to Kroger for my pick-up time, they came right out to me, went over some substitutions they had to do, and they loaded my items in the back.  Lasa never had to leave the carseat or get out in the cold. I didn't have to spend an hour shopping and managing baby and lugging bags.  I laughed at how I had to let go of the reigns a little to allow someone else to pick out bread and fruit for me ... and even substitute products when things were out of stock.  But overall, I would say the experience was a total plus!   Excited and delighted to have this service FINALLY available!  Sweet relief.

Sorry, Publix. :(  Clearly my store loyalty can be bought ... or BROUGHT out to my car.

No comments: