Jan 6, 2016

Fourteen on Wednesday

Confession:  I check my Webster's Dictionary app every single day to see what the Word of the Day is.  And about 50% of the time, it's a new-to-me word.  Between that and my last reads, I have accumulated 14 more words for sharing. :) Favorites are marked with definitions ... which is almost all of them this time. WordNerd for life!!!
whey-faced
hidalgo - gentleman
propound - to put forward an idea for consideration
sneakbill
gurn - make a grotesque face
jackleg - an incompetent, unskillful, or dishonest person
velleity - a slight wish or tendency
syzygy - nearly straight line configuration of three celestial bodies
hidebound - unwilling or unable to change because of tradition or convention
invidious - unpleasant and likely to cause bad feelings in other people
cavil - make petty or unneccary objections
plenitude
bogart - to bully or use without sharing
froward - difficult to deal with; contrary

No comments: