Apr 9, 2011

Yes, I Do ...

I don't mind admitting that Yes, I do ...
  • Empty the lint trap before every single load of laundry.
  • Save every plastic top from milk jugs, water bottles, juice containers, etc.
  • Adore little girls in blue.
  • Include sale price savings along with coupon savings in my savings total. 
  • Avoid handling raw meat at all costs.
  • Reuse paper plates.
  • Cut the long sleeves and legs off the kids' winter pj's so they can wear them again as summer pj's.
  • Use the Dustbuster more than the vacuum.
  • Regularly empty all my in- and outboxes in email ... even trash and junk mail folders.
  • Justify eating a brownie for dinner by eating an apple for dessert.
  • Leave a treat for the mail lady every time I schedule a pick up at the front door.
  • Wait to eat the good snacks AFTER the kids go to bed - so I don't have to share!
  • Believe I have a brain tumor because I often use words I don't mean without noticing.  Recent examples include:  saying popcorn when I meant peanut butter, dresser for blanket, computer for refrigerator, spoon for straw, bridge for water, address and then menu for recipe, computer for camera, counter for sink, Noah for Chewie.  It's a wonder Josh understands a thing I say!  

7 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

quirky list, but I like it!
I can handle all raw meat except chicken. I'm a fanatic about the lint trap. I've unsubscribed to a ton of emails so now I only have a few to sort through each day. Weird about the misuse of words...I do it all the time and it brings me to tears occasionally and even Beka is now concerned because she is so aware of it. Hmmm, maybe it's just a hormonal thing or my dad and I theorize that our migraines are actually mini-strokes and therefore the reason I use wrong words or can't think of the right word to use.
So nice for your mail lady to get a treat for each pick-up!

Laura Koslowsky said...

Aren't you supposed to empty the lint trap every time? :) I do too and even have a contraption that reaches down in to the lint trap to pull out the straggling pieces that my mother purchased for me from QVC. I think the misuse of words could also mean you are just a quick thinker. You love words and have so many running around in your head that sometimes when you speak quickly the wrong one comes out :) I certainly hope it isn't a brain tumor causing it!

Kimberly said...

I have said that exact thing to Josh before - that I think words just slow me down.

Emily said...

LOL!!!! That last one had me rolling! I think it's just part of being a woman, spaghetti brain....you say one thing while your mind is thinking about 5 other things simultaneously! Totally normal :) I hope anyway :)

Emily said...

oh adn great idea on the uctting the winter legs and sleeves off of PJ's great way to save a little!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

So curious... what do you do with all those plastic tops and lids?!? ;)

Kimberly said...

The tops? Nothing yet - that's the quirky part. But I just know they'll come in handy one day.

I did use a few of them with an egg carton for a sorting activity for Anna once, though.