Apr 13, 2011

More for my Word-Hoard

It took me awhile to finish these last two books.  Rather, it took me awhile to finish The Weird Sisters.  My word, but that book just dragged on with little-to-no action in the plot!  Luckily, it dropped me a cool new or beautiful word along the way to keep me moving.  The Paris Wife, for the record, was better.  Not great, but better.

The Paris Wife
grog, treatise, speakeasies, slunk, riotous, nocturnes, footfalls, unquiet, unlovely, bumptious, ineluctable, pasturage, lout, egads, tonicy, picadors, buckram, marcelled

The Weird Sisters
incautious, malfeasance, circuitous, artifice, bucolic, pottered, ethos, yokel, simian, sojourn, frotteurs, gobsmacked, financerati, yogic, appellation, usurious, venturesome, assiduously, nattering, parsimonious, sylph, stopgap, patois, semaphores, percussive, wanderlust, dispiriting, immemorial, accretion, ululations, erudite, supine

No comments: