Apr 17, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt 2011

It was an unfortunately cold, wet, windy day yesterday for the two egg hunts we were taking the kids to.  Knowing I'd have them both bundled up in ugly jackets, I made them strip down to colorful shirts on the front porch to snap a quick picture.  Doesn't Anna look uncomfortable?  It's either the cold or the fact that Noah is touching her.


The egg hunt at church ended up being moved indoors - which works, yes - but it was sort of depressing.  Narrow beige hallways with eggs dropped openly in the dirty gray carpet floor.  :(  The only upside of indoor egg hunts is that a lot of people don't show up because of the weather so that leaves like a MILLION for the few who do show up.  Noah and Anna gathered until there was just no room left in their baskets.


The petting zoo set up under an awning was what really redeemed the morning hunt.  There was this sweet lamb, a cute pig, tiny bunnies, fancy chickens, lizards, snakes, and ducks.


It's just not an Easter celebration til you have worn a snake!


We headed back inside after the hunt to open up eggs, hang with friends, and enjoy hot dogs and hamburgers. Noah and Porter (whom he calls Quarter).  These two cracked me up with all their play fighting and exaggerated impact faces.


When we got home, we sorted candy from peanut candy and rested up for the next hunt of the day.


We also got our tattoos on.


The second hunt we went to took place outdoors in our neighborhood.  But it was COLD.  Once Noah's buddy, James, showed up, though, Noah stopped caring.


This is the third year in a row I have taken this same starting line egg-hunt shot.  :)


Look at him go!


Anna, like last year, moved much slower.  And couldn't have cared less.  She ended up quitting hunting because her hands were so cold.  That was just about the time I quit taking pictures because mine were freezing, too.  Anna kept complaining, "I fweeeeeezing, Mommy.  I fweeezing."


So we gathered up our babies and hurried home to candy, hot chocolate, and naps.
 

It's ok, Tennessee.
We still love you - cold weather in mid-April and all. 

4 comments:

Memaw said...

If you moved to FL, you could sweat at the Easter Egg Hunts!

Amy Faye Brown said...

I think I almost envy you as I think ahead to our egg hunt next week during the Sunday School hour. The humidity will have made my hair really nice and the streaks of sweat running through my make-up will be the finishing touch. Oh, well, at least we'll head back inside to a nice air-condtitioned sanctuary.

Amy Faye Brown said...

Ha, Memaw and I think alike!

Kimberly said...

Amen to all that! I'll take cold and windy over hot and sweaty EVERY CHANCE I CAN. :)

We had a similar debate in SS today about this very thing with some friends. TN weather vs. FL weather. :)