Apr 11, 2011

Time Flies

Time flies when you're having fun 
with a certain special little one.

Anna last year

 Anna this year

April 2010

April 2011

This time last year at 18 mos. old,  we had JUST finally gotten her over the 20 lb. mark.  This year, at 2.5 yrs, she has finally crossed the 24 lb. mark!  She is 24 lbs. AND 7 oz., to be exact.   And it's bemusing to note this year how she, ahem, throws her weight around (I ♥ puns).  She has - shall we say - a rage problem.  With her short fuse these days, she throws whatever she can get her hands on to express her disapproval.  And if it's Noah that she is displeased with, since she can't exactly throw him, she hits him.  These two vices (throwing and hitting) are what she has begun getting regular spanks for.  (And these spanks on her little frame remind me of Noah's first rage-related outburst - spitting - which I know I have mentioned before but it makes me grin to recall still today.)  My favorite Anna fit happened last week in the kitchen.  She got water instead of juice that she requested and since there was nothing within reach for her to throw, she yanked her skirt down to the floor and just stood there staring me down (except up, cuz I'm taller).  I probably should have responded with correction, discipline, instruction, something!  All I could do was stand there and laugh at the sight of her pantless and furious at the same time.

Oh my Anna, you are an opinionated, emotional, assertive little thing.  You make me melt with your every instinct and impulse.  I love you, I like you, I love you.  And I am not joking at all when I say that these two and half year old days with you are my favorite yet.  You are my favorite girl in the whole wide world and being your (and Noah's) mommy is my favorite role in life right now.

And my favorite thing you say these days is "baby soup" for bathing suit, which you wear every moment we let you because you are so, so excited about going to the beach in a couple weeks ... just like Ruby.

6 comments:

Memaw said...

I wonder if God looks at us like looking at a little 21/2 year old child as we argue, fuss, complain,and rebel against what He wants from our lives. God is using the book "Dangerous Surrender" to not just speak but yell to my heart. What am I willing to give up in order to free myself to really let him care for others through me?

Emily said...

I LIKE LIKE LIKE this post. I love hearing (or rather reading or whatever the word is I'm looking for) you voice and emotion and love in it. So sweet! And who in the world is that girl int he first picture! She has surprisingly changed quite a bit when i didn't think she really had...except for hair growth.

Kimberly said...

Go back and look at Natalie's from last year, too. I bet you'll be surprised at the difference 12 months makes.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

What a sweet post... even if your girl is quite the queen of tantrums. It IS amazing the difference a year makes. She's so not a baby anymore!

Unknown said...

Anna is growing up so fast! Wow! I wish I could have seen that little scene with her pulling her skirt down in anger. SO funny! Ava weighs the exact same as Anna!

Kimberly said...

I know! That's why I've been so jealous of your girl - at how easily she just grows and grows and grows!