Apr 25, 2011

$pring Cleaning

We've been doing a good bit of spring cleaning around here ... although honestly it's not so much about cleaning as it is about cleaning out.  A list, if you will, of all the goodies we have cleaned out, aka - sold!, this spring (not counting all of Josh's ebay sales on legos/lionel trains/fisher price electronics).

$180 - clothes, toys, gear @ SAHM consignment sale
$75 - bike trailer to friend
$25 - PB Anywhere Chair to a friend of a friend
$60 - train table via Craigslist
$135 - Graco Sport Pack n Play via Ebay
$345 - clothes, toys, gear @ Encores n More North consignment
$75 - clothes, toys, gear @ MOPS consignment Sale
$135 - leftover clothes, toys, shoes @ Secret Garden Consignment Store
$125 - Little Tikes playset to friend
$403 - housewares, toys, furniture, tools @ our yard sale

Grand Total for Spring Cleaning Sales = $1358

(Btw - for anyone wondering how our Goodwill project fared - we profited $310 from it this past month! We originally spent $125 on 109 items that all sold for a total for $435.  That's a nice start!  We have easily 4 times that amount of stuff for the fall/winter sales already, so I am really pumped to see the returns on a full year's Goodwill project spending. :)

6 comments:

Memaw said...

You are so smart and in a good location to be able to do these things. Satisfying! Papa stayed down at the barn for days, "burning copper" he said. Finally, It dawned on me that he was getting it ready to sell to buy TRAINS!

Kimberly said...

Oh, the trains. There is a certain train fever going on around here, too!

Robin said...

My mouth is HANGING open!! That is amazing!!! I need you to come be the boss of me!! PLEEZE!

Memaw said...

I am inspired to clean out all my cabinets and drawers to downsize and organize. Thrift shop, here I come!

Emily said...

I wish I had the ;motivation to do all that selling. A friend of mine just consigned a bunch of stuff and in 3 days made 53 bucks and texted me that I ought to be doing it too...maybe I'll give it a go once things even themselves out a little after Jack's born.

But seriously Kimbelry.....I'm totally impressed! You guys made a killin'

Kimberly said...

:) Just sold $21 more in toys. So now my total is over $1000. I'd say that's grand. :)