Aug 5, 2009

Repeat and Repeat

Anyone with a toddler/preschooler knows that you repeat yourself a lot. What's more, your child repeats himself a lot as well. Or reminds you of the same things all the time, day in, day out. Noah has been beating me over the head with some more phrases and comments that I have listed, yet again. And really, they are so precious to me...even after hearing them the zillionth time.

Noah has become Monitor-of-all-things-Anna:
"Mommy, Anna eat fip fop!" (read - Anna's eating your flip flops!)
"Mommy, Anna on my taybo!" (read - Anna's on top of my table!)
"Mommy, Anna dinky!" (read - Anna's stinky!)

Noah is obsessed with time lately.
"Time eat yet?" (read - Is it time to eat yet?)
"Time go yet?" (read - Is it time to go yet?)
"Almost weddy yet?" (read - Are we almost ready yet?)
"Time is?" (read - What time is it?)

Noah always says "Too high much" when he can't reach something, or if there is too much of something, or if, obviously, something is too high. This one always, always, always elicits a grin from the heart of both me and Josh. Preschool grammar is ever too cute.

Noah has learned to stall ... or maybe he is just negotiating:
When I tell him it's time for his nap, he asks to "Pay woom foo minutes." (read - Can we play in my room for a few minutes first?) And we usually do, so it's really more of a reminder than a question.

Noah always seems to be hungry. "Mommy, I'm hungwy hungwy." Notice the double hungry for emphasis.

I have no idea where he came up with this one, but he says it over and over in a really strange robotic voice when he plays with his little Buzz Lightyear looking toy. "Reebot, Dee Go Bot."

When we tell him we are going to a restaurant, he can always be trusted to ask for clarification as to what sort of dining experience he can expect. "Ow car?" (read - Are we getting out of the car?) When your child asks you this, you can be pretty sure you go through too many drive-thru's.

And another sweet favorite is what he says when something is not working right or needs fixing. "Pwease sik it." (read - Please fix it.) Which, if you must know, quite often ends up being "Daddy sik it."

7 comments:

Emily said...

A-dorable!!

Alison said...

Kara says, "Where'd ______ go?" (mostly Daddy, but Mommy a lot as well) over and over and over and over again. We can not push a stop button on her! She used to say "It's a ball" all the time, so at least we know that she will (hopefully) out grow this.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

This post is precious... especially the picture at the end! I just love how you're "remembering" all these fun things about this season of life! Noah's "too high much" makes me smile because 1)preschool grammar IS precious and because 2)I bet that's what I sound like to native Czechs! :)

Kimberly said...

Elizabeth, you made me laugh out loud with that part 2 comment. :) Keeps you humble, is all, keeps you humble.

Unknown said...

That is so cute! I praise you for capturing this stuff.

Kate said...

The drive-thru one cracked me up!

Kimberly said...

Kate, if you thought that drive-thru warning was funny...it gets better. When you baby won't stop eating crumbs she finds in the carpet, you can bet it's time to vacuum.