Aug 20, 2009

MDO Commencement

So today was the first day of Mother's Day Out for Noah and Anna. Notice the smile on mommy's, I mean, the kiddies' faces.


For Anna, it was a first in all ways, as she has never been before. I wondered about her all day long, praying to God in heaven that she was not screaming her head off because she was hungry or sleepy. Thankfully, she did not. She was cool with the teacher and her three new boy-friends (she is the only girl in her class). She was not cool with napping anywhere new, so she did not sleep a wink. I fully expected that. She was thrilled with the freedom of not eating in a high chair and with having an actual plate of food instead of the few pieces I usually give her at a time. So thrilled, in fact, that she flung it off the table. I feared that. Ms. Leanna said, when we picked her up, that she wishes she could wrap Anna in bubble wrap because she is just so tiny. I imagine Anna will get lots of love and sympathy for being the only girl in her class. I think, as her doting Mommy, I am very OK with that. :)

For Noah, today was much like summer MDO: same friends (plus a few new faces), same room, same backpack, and same summer teacher, Ms. Kristie, who is friendly and perky and good with boys as she has two of her own. This was a real boon in terms of the potty training support he got all summer long when he was there. However, Noah kicked off the first day back at school by wetting his pants BIG TIME after they came in from their nature walk. This must have really thrown him off, because he came home today and pooped/peed up his pants AGAIN! I was more than a little stern with him about it. But I think he got the point. He does not get by on cuteness anymore. Well, except for when he does.


For Josh's and my part, we had a fabulous mother's (and father's) day out driving around and just seeing what we wanted to see followed by a relaxing lunch at Shane's Rib Shack. Josh celebrated a full month of not having tea (or coke) by having tea. Go figure.

3 comments:

Kate LaCasse said...

I'm so glad Anna did well! And I love it that you're all wearing green. :)

Kimberly said...

So funny, too, because we didn't even plan that. Didn't even notice it until I saw the pic. :)

Laura Koslowsky said...

Love the picture of you with the kids.