Aug 25, 2009

Goood Grefe

I got Anna an early birthday present today. It's a Disney Tigger & Pooh 4-in-1 Rockin' Ride Activity Ride-on toy made by Kiddieland. Cute, lots of musical touch toys, parent push handle, safety rail, and open/shut seat lid for storage.

But, as I unpacked it from the box, I noticed two egregious spelling errors. Printed and mass-produced right there on the box! In special star and magnifying glass locations, no less! They are as follows, and I quote:

"inludes bonus safety cushion" INLUDES? INLUDES?!

"over 10 fun-filled activities with ligths and sounds!" LIGTHS? LIGTHS?!

I have one thing to say about the state of product editing and printing/publishing affairs in this country, and that is this - goood grefe!

I even found a typo in my Bible this week. So much for infallibility.
Kidding. Totally kidding. I know the word of God is infallible. American quality editing and publishing, however, is not.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I figured when I read the title and knowing you, Miss Spelling Queen, this blog was probably about a spelling mistake. Too funny...error in the Bible!

Emily said...

Lee says, it's probably not made in the USA, it's probably made in China.

Emily said...

You do crack me up though :)

Alison said...

I had left a comment on this one - I guess it got deleted???

It said something about getting a chuckle out of the Bible Typo, but I can't remember what else I said.

Kimberly said...

That's weird - I never got that comment. Blogger has some odd issues sometimes.

But yeah, I even looked and looked and looked at the typo over again to make sure I wasn't seeing things. How could there possibly be a typo overlooked in the Word of God!? But, yeah, there it is. :)

sosagtsie said...

Lol, those are the type of typos that really REALLY get to PJ. That, and inconsistencies in the shows/cartoons/movies that the boys watch.