Jan 14, 2009

Tidbits, too

Two of my favorite blogging people titled a post this week with Tidbits, so I thought, hey - me, too! I can't seem to pull together any cohesive thoughts anyway. I think I am in a lull since the new year started.

1. Why do things go wrong and break when your husband is out of town? I could make a whole post about the mishaps I endure when Josh happens to be out of town. But today, it was the garage. It won't close. Good grief.

2. NO JOKE - I was behind a mail car today that had this on the back window to identify itself: U.S. MALE. NO JOKE. I thought perhaps it might be a joke, but on closer inspection it was not - it had the "makes frequent stops" sign, the U.S. Mail emblem sticker, a light on top, and it was complete with the steering wheel on the right side. U.S. MALE. Oh, please tell me I was not the only person on the road that noticed it.

3. Noah scratched a kid across the face today at school. I hate that I can't be there to correct it when it happens.

4. I think Anna's eyes are gonna stay blue...and I love that.

5. We joined a gym. For the first time in my life...I have a gym membership. That is so not me...the gym scene...but then again, neither is all the weight I have put on since college, so I guess this should even things out, no? Wish me, wish us, luck. If nothing else, Noah will have a ball on Family Nights getting to play in the warm pool and toss balls around in the gym. Josh is pretty excited about that too. :)

6. I am turning 30 in a month and a half...which is so not me either. :)

7. I read the entire Bible last year...I only skipped Ezekiel.

8. We did the Dinner A'Fare thing again (we used to do it when we lived in GA) and we are loving it. Totally recommend it if you have one of these near your home. That and having the cleaners come has really been a huge help in these early days with Anna.

9. We had two trees cut down in our yard this week and had three stumps ground out. It looks so much better now! You can actually see our house from the front instead of the tree blocking the view.

10. Noah has been talking and crying out and whining in his sleep. It is a little concerning, except for the fact that he doesn't seem to be bothered by it or woken up by it. Other weird fact...you can go in to check on him, his eyes will be open in the bed, but he will not respond...it's like he doesn't even know you are there. Could he be asleep but still have his eyes open? Isn't that a sort of sleepwalking-type behavior? Curious. Memo to me...mention this to his pediatrician at our next visit.

All for now...

7 comments:

Emily said...

a gym membership?! That's funny, I end mine, you start yours. Go figure. I did buy some free weights though, and plan to run in the morning if I can peel myself out of the bed. Lee doesn't think I'll do it.
He may be right. Good luck with the exercise. If Josh is doing it with you, it'll be way more fun and probable that you go regularly. I want Lee to join one with me, cuz if he goes, I'll hands down.
Good list!

Kimberly said...

Emily: Hey - They have childcare for up to 2 hrs at a time. That alone is reason enough for me to take time to go! Walk, listen to my iPod, take a shower without rushing...I think I am gonna be all over it!

Joshua said...

In response to # 1, apparently I am the glue that holds the fabric of our lives (and mechanical operations) together.

Emily said...

yeah, but getting your kids together for that period of time...if you're alone...is a lot of work. But I also enjoyed getting some free time to myself...not to mention feeling better after a good sweat.

I'm about to find out if Lee is the "glue" next week. Kind of nervous.

Heather said...

Good for you, Kimmie. We belong to Golds Gym and completely love it. If for no other reason than that is a good solid 1 hour for me to be without kids and they get to have a field day in the play area. Win, win situation. Remember when we were in H.S. and my dad would travel out of the country and seemed like without fail something would go terribly wrong...chimney caught on fire, house alarm went off for no reason (had M.P.'s come to house-this was in Kansas), and a few others. Thank God for dads! (Especially those who actually know how to fix the stuff!) By the way...am I one of your FAVORITE people! You are one of mine too!!

Unknown said...

Neat post! I just wanted to tell you to google "night terrors" and see if that's what Noah is doing? The unresponsiveness while appearing to be awake is what makes me think that but who knows. A lady at work had a son that did that and he's outgrown it already.

Alison said...

Of all the books, you skipped Ezekiel? You can do it, I promise.

Have fun at the gym! Some of my only moments of sanity!