Jan 26, 2009

Four-Month Notes


Anna turned 4 months old over the weekend. Yay for baby Anna!
To mark the occasion, I have listed a few more comparisons with Noah from when he was 4 months old...

Anna is a little coo bird. She coos and coos - a real chatterbox. Even in the middle of the night. Noah was not at all and what sounds he did make were more gutteral type grunts. Both sounds were precious to us...so, so precious.

Anna rolled over (back to front and front to back) just after 3 1/2 months old...Noah didn't bother with either until 10 months!

Both have special formulas: Anna takes Enfamil Gentlease, whereas Noah was prescribed Enfamil Nutramigen which about broke the bank that first year. Thankfully, Gentlease is the same price as regular Enfamil...and I just discovered a generic Target brand of it that is $10 cheaper per can. That makes for a happy Kimmie!

Anna's already fighting off a double ear infection. Noah's never had one...knock on wood. He's had every other medical issue under the sun though. At least it's felt like that along the way.

Anna gets real impatient and fussy over her toys not doing what she wants them to do or not going in her mouth they way she wants them to. Noah was too relaxed for any of that drama.

We always get comments about Anna's bright eyes and how alert she is. When Noah was her age, the comments were always about all the hair he already had and his intense stares.

Anna uses Lubriderm Intensive Skin Repair lotion. Noah is a Eucerin Sensitive Skin boy.

Noah tried his first baby foods at 4 months old...we are going to wait a little longer for Anna. She is just not ready yet.

A parting shot of our Noah at 4 months...

10 comments:

Heather said...

So sweet. She is just a doll, Kimmie! How did you know to try different formulas or lotions? Nathanael and Zach both have really sensitive dry skin, so Brooke just falls into the Cetaphil lotion too. Matter of fact, I use that too because the boys do. Interesting thought though to see which one works better for the individual. You're a good mom! We also did food for Nathanael at 4 months, then Brooke was 5 months or so and Zachary was even later than that! It's such a hassle when you have to start feeding them. Takes much more time.

Unknown said...

She is so presh! I love that photo of her. It's just amazing how two can be soo different. I joke a lot that when we have another that I'll be reading all the books again since it's all been forgotten. Jacob is a Eucerin boy too! I love that stuff for my hands so I grab a gunk every now and then.

Amy Faye Brown said...

Up until today's photo of Miss Anna we were all thinking she's definitely her daddy's girl.
Today...I see you. She's adorable! I want to pinch those cheeks! Are you open the end of March?

Kimberly said...

Heather: For Noah we just did what his pediatrician, dermatologist, and allergist all chanted...and it was anything Eucerin...even his soap. Since Anna doesn't have skin issues, I tried regular Lubriderm, but that didn't work more than an hour or two. So I tried this Intensive Skin Repair b/c she was soooo dry and it has kept her wonderfully moisturized ALL day and longer. I love it for her and I use it on me too now. Totally recommend it!

Amy: Open for a visit, you mean? Of course we are! March or anytime. :)

Emily said...

Oh I love that handsome little 4 month old boy! So funny, those differences...and Anna being so particular about her toys. So funny! Natalie wouldn't care if something was right or wrong...she'd just move on to the next toy.

Kimberly said...

Oh yeah Heather - about the formulas: Noah had blood-streaks in his poopy diapers, which the pediatrician said was milk allergy. Nutramigen is a hypoallergenic formula with the milk protiens completely broken down.

As for Anna, when I breastfed her, milk that I drank really upset her system, so I kicked the milk habit. Once I got her on formula, I continued that dietary trend for her with Gentlease which has partially broken down milk proteins. It has worked fine, so we are stickin' with it. :)

Memaw said...

With such beautiful parents, how
could Anna be anything else? And Noah is our handsome little boy. What a luck memaw I am!

Memaw said...

That was supposed to "Lucky" memaw!

Memaw said...

Try one more time. That was supposed to be "What a lucky memaw I am!"

Alison said...

Girls are DRAMA, I tell you! :) It only gets worse, sorry.