Jan 1, 2009

Some Resolutions for 2009

I always like a clean break and/or a fresh start, so a new year is a wonderful excuse to start fresh with some things I could stand to improve on.

Let Stuff Go - particularly housekeeping-type stuff that drives me batty when I can't get to it as often or as quickly as I would prefer

See More Movies - particularly at the theater...it allows me to step away from the house and kids and come back feeling refreshed - I just love movies! I have seen 4 over the past two weeks (Four Christmases, Get Smart, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Marley and Me)

Practice Waiting Better - particularly when it means having to wait to do what I want to get done around the house because I have to hold/feed/change/soothe/dress/discipline/potty train/bathe/clean up after/play with a couple of little people first

Exercise - particularly walking 3-5 times a week in the neighborhood

Cook More - Josh has been my hero with this over the past 3 months (fixing about 80% of our dinners). I figure I can probably take on this challenge again now...and Lord knows cooking is just that for me - a challenge. I ruined a pizza yesterday! What is there to do but put sauce and cheese on the bread?! There is a world of truth to the magnet on the side of my fridge that says "Domestically Challenged". That is also why the cleaners are coming back again on Monday. I may never let them go.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Love the list Kimmie! Another good one! I love how you are always reflecting by making these lists. I struggled a long time with trying to keep the house in perfect order, but then I find when I do that, the kids don't get anytime with me. I get too focused on the house and not on them. Sometimes I just have to let the house go to tornado stage just so that I can play with the kids. It is not hard, however, for our house to become tornado stage quickly with a 5,3, and 1 year old!! Great thing to let go! Oh, and cleaners do help too. I may just have to look into that! Kore does a great job helping me out. I do the weekly cleaning and then about every two weeks, we tag team on the entire house and knock it out in about 3 hours. I give him his list and I have mine and we don't stop til were finished. Really helps out. However, by the end of that day, seems the house is back in tornado stage! :) (Sorry for the long comment!)

Emily said...

Yeah, I live in a tornado stage too! I do your first item pretty much daily, haha. Though when my tornado threshold is hit, I'm a maniac cleaner and can't do anything else until my house is back in order...but it's a high threshold, but luckily Lee is also quite tolerant of the mess.

Unknown said...

Good resolutions! I totally know about the house deal. It BUGS me to no end if it's in a state of chaos. When can we start making our little ones do chores? I could use a good bed maker and crump picker-upper. kidding...sort of:-)

I also hear ya on the working out of some sort. I have got to get my butt in gear. I'm thinking about running a short marathon just to motivate me. I need motivation to get fit.

Alison said...

If you happen to fail on the cooking more, Melodie and I will be here to be your support system :). Not that I want you to fail - I promise!!