Jan 20, 2009

All Manner of Snowy Fun

Over this past holiday weekend, we Browns packed up for our first road trip as a family of 4. We headed to Otto, NC just outside of Franklin to visit with my sister and her wonderful family on her husband's side. I'm not gonna say the driving part wasn't painful - it was. But the cabin, the company, the memories, and the fellowship were all so worth it! Emily, Lee, Josh and I got to do a little shopping in Highlands and then have a kid-free dinner at the Dillard House - thanks to Mas, Pas, GGma, and GGpa. What a gift! We forgot to get a picture of that venture, but you wouldn't have wanted to see me all carsick as we drove through the mountains anyway. :) We were lucky enough to enjoy a hearty snow while we were there. Here are some of my favorite shots from the winter-weather festivities:

My sweet little snowbunny:


I still don't think Noah realized how numb his little hands were:


Photo Op with Emily and Natalie:


Awwwww - so picturesque:



Josh prepping another bullet for the snowball fight:


The makings of a snowman that later donned a strawhat - Noah called it Totchy, which is Frosty:


No snowy day is complete without a little sledding!



GGma's and GGpa's fantastic cabin and the fantastic view we enjoyed:



Noah pooped out on the drive back to TN where more snow awaited us.


You probably can't tell from all the smiles and fun that we were having a rough go of it with Anna all weekend...especially at night. She caught a ruthless cold and earned herself a double ear infection to boot. She is pumped full of antibiotics, antihistamines, and tylenol right now though and we are crossing our fingers that we might get to sleep some tonight.

6 comments:

Emily said...

fun times! We'll have to do it again when the kids are older and not nearly so needy.

Unknown said...

How fun!!! I wish we could get some snow. No such luck yet. I hope Anna gets better soon.

Heather said...

Looks like you had so much fun! LOVE the picture of you and Anna! She's got a great smile going!

The White Family said...

Looks like so much fun! I hope Anna gets well soon...for your sake and her's!

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, fun, and more fun! : ) Except for poor baby Anna not feeling well. Emily's right...come back when the babies are a little older and we'll have fun again! : )
It was so great having you all there...just glad my big tumble happened after you all had gone and I had no baby in my arms.
Loved the picture of Noah all konked out on the way home...so cute. : )

Alison said...

That snow looks like so much fun!

Oh, and I had to laugh at the picture of Noah. Levi puts his hands behind his head like that too in the carseat - so funny!