Mar 23, 2011

Taa Daa: KitchenTable

I almost forgot to post this finished (or maybe not so finished) product that I was working on several weeks back.  Here's how it looks so far, possibly for good, maybe not - I just don't know yet.


I painted the chairs' rims and legs black as well as the table legs.  That silly table top has been sanded, painted, sanded, stained, sanded, and stained again....and it STILL does not match the chairs' wood tone.  I'll either paint it black as well, or give the stain one more shot with another color.  For a cheap Target breakfast set that we had on hand anyway, it'll do either way, I guess.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at my crafty Kimmie! :-) I like the black and wood tone. That's what we have here. Our black has just a hint of sanding in the corners to give it that old feeling. I love the two tone. If you can't get it to match, you won't go wrong painting the table all black. It'll just stink that you put all that work into staining.

Emily said...

oh wow Kimberly! That looks fantastic.and I can't tell (at least in the picture) that the woods don't match..I wouldn't worry over it! Looks great!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

The chairs are amazing. Your projects always make me wish I had something to change or fix around here! :)