Mar 22, 2011

Mayday

I'm having a couple rough days, I think.  I feel very weird -  agitated, overwhelmed, stressed, anxious, can't seem to engage.  There a number of little things that are weighing on me in these forms, but not one of those things is a big deal.  So there is no rational reason for my out-of-whack emotions today.  So I gave myself a pep talk, I prayed, I reminded myself of the truths I trust in the Bible, and I made myself lay down and just rest. Just be still. Then I called in for back-up.  As Josh walked out of the house on my grocery run for me (bless him), I looked him dead in the eye and stammered, "I. Need. Chocolate."

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm right there with you. But what's going on? I called you and let out my issues, but I had no idea you were out of your element too. That's it. I'm calling again tomorrow...

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Sorry to hear you were out of sorts and hope that things are looking up for you. The day I read this post in my inbox I was feeling pretty out of sorts myself. And yes, chocolate was one of my antidotes too. :)