Mar 21, 2011

Anna at 2 1/2

Girlie turns 2 and a 1/2 this week!


 Here are a few particularly-Anna things these days:
  • She likes to dance now (finally!) - she puts her pointer fingers in a cheek each and sort of bops and leans left and right and her eyes go vacant while she concentrates on this.  :)   Or she just plain jumps around.
  • She's back in her MyGym classes (the Gymsters group) and is loving it.  She is so active and participatory and has easily taken to following directions in a group and waiting her turn. She's done so well with all the skills they cover, that next week she is moving up to the next class called Terrific Tots
  • She likes BBQ a lot, which is saying a lot for a kid that rarely eats.  She can put away some BBQ.
  • She is suddenly very obsessed with doing everything by herself.  "I do it ... by...my....self.  Mommy.  I. do it. by. myself."  I can hear her low, choppy, baby, robotic sound in my head now.   The most popular by-myself-activities are getting in and out of the car seat, snapping the buckles, washing her hands, holding stuff, brushing her teeth, turning on/off lights, moving the step stool, filling her cup with water, getting dressed, and opening closets.
  • She's turning into a lister, like me - When I tell her that I love her, she starts listing who ELSE loves her _ "And Daddy wuv me.  And Noah wuv me. And Chewie wuv me..."
  • She's turning into a blogger, like me, too.  She tends to narrate whatever she is doing - "I running, Mommy!" or "I jumping, Mommy!"  or "I hungry, Mommy!" or "I do it by me self, Mommy!" or "I fall down!"
  • She thinks she is moving faster just because she starts breathing faster and louder.
  • She'll say "COLD!" and then wrap her arms completely around her little self and do this intense shiver thing for dramatic effect with really wide eyes.
  • She claws at her open mouth when she is in panic and pain together.  It's pretty upsetting to witness actually.
  • She knows her shapes now (heart, square, circle, triangle)
  • She's known all her colors for awhile now.
  • She can count to 20 ... most times.
  • She sings the entire alphabet. My favorite part is her LMNOP - she says, "Num, Num, Num, P".
  • She read to Josh recently:  One tiiiiiiime.  Lit-tle giiiiiiiiirl.  Lit-tle boyyyyyyy.  Dee end.
  • She is still stuck on singing Jingle Bells.
  • When Josh gets home from work, she doesn't run to meet him at the door anymore.  She runs and hides so he has to come find her. She won't just give him bedtime kisses anymore either.  She much prefers to be chased and THEN kissed.
  • She is like her daddy in that she wants to dip her cookies in milk and she wants buttered bread.
  • She's in training to ask for help and ask Noah to stop whatever he's doing to irritate her W/O crying and whining.
  • Potty percentages are 20:80 potty to diapers.  I am expecting this spring and summer to really commit to finishing this milestone up - Sundresses and no diaper or underwear is gonna be my secret to success with her.  I can just feel it!   She is more than ready...she's just been lazy about it til now....as have I.
  • She loves putting on chapstick or lipgloss.  But it is NOT ok with her if the tube you offer is not the pink one.
  • Her latest heart's desire is a telescope (from a recent playdate) and earrings in her own ears.
  • When I offer her two things to choose from, she'll opt for a third option of her own choosing instead .... lately in regards to clothing choices.
  • She plays I spy, Chase, Hide and Seek, and Memory well.

2 1/2 yr. old Anna Translator:
  • Gree me dop - Green means stop!
  • Red me go - Red means go!
  • Der Dis - There it is
  • Bedder Fine it - You better find it.
  • Daddy bink him - Daddy spanked him.
  • Bannerweena - ballerina
  • Happy Bedtime Day - Happy Valentines Day
  • Fee Pee Booty - Sleeping Beauty
  • Fit Perkwey - It fits perfectly!
  • LMNOP - Num, num, num, p
  • Digdwerwaytor - refridgerator
  • See whoa whoa wuh - Cinderella
  • Ha Eargreens, too, Mommy - I want to earrings, too, Mommy.

Latest funny quote from our girl:   I was getting on to her and Noah for playing tug-of-war with the porch door, ruining the screening and risking hurting themselves on the steps and/or concrete.

Me: {rant, warn, rant, warn}
Noah/Anna: {blank stares}
Me: Anna, what did I just say?
Anna: {short pause} Jesus?

3 comments:

Emily said...

Now that list made me feel a little better about Natalie's little milestones. But forewarning.....sundresses and potty time are not necessarily a good combo....trust. me. I've changed and rechanged many a dress because she doesn't quite get how to keep it out of her potty or away from her legs after she's GONE potty (and stands up), etc. But maybe in the summertime, the pee will evaporate really fast and it won't be such a bit problem. Good luck with that, lol! We're just gonna go panties alone this summer....maybe a tank top (so we can really become South GA folks....haha (j/k...only in the house and backyard) That was a fun list of Anna-isms. I miss you guys.

Kimberly said...

Ahhhh, yes. Thanks for the heads up.

I am mailing you a box of Jack things tomorrow - yay!

Unknown said...

Anna and I could totally chill together. I love her! She seems to have come into the world with a mind of her own, with just the right amount of confidence and a touch of quirkiness to boot. Just my kind of girl!

The sundresses with no undies would be perfect but only outdoors I would imagine? Definitely report on that one so I'll know what to do with Ava next year:-)