Mar 17, 2011

Recipe: Taco Soup

I adopted this great little recipe from my friend, Alison, after I virtually hog-tied and guilted her into finally sharing it with me.  You'll be glad I did, though, because now I can share it with you.  Yum.  Even better, it's good (and easy!) for when you need to feed a crowd.

Taco Soup

1. Brown together and drain:
  • 1 lb. hamburger
  • 1 onion, chopped ( I used minced onion)
2. Add to hamburger mixture:
  • 1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning
3. Put in crockpot and add, w/o draining:
  • 1 can pinto beans
  • 1 can ranch style beans (find at Publix, black can)
  • 1 can whole kernel corn
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes (I'll use diced tomatoes next time)
  • 1 can rotel
  • 1 can black beans
4. Heat on low for about 4 hours and serve with all the fixins - sour cream, fritos, cheese, cornbread. :)

5 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I can attest to how very yummy it is!
I've got some super easy recipes I'll be sharing with you soon from the Taste of Home cooking show I went to on Tuesday night. I'm making one tonight for John - reuben casserole. He wanted a reuben at Cracker Barrel the other day and they didn't have them on the menu so I thought this would be right up his alley.

The White Family said...

This is one of our favorite dinners! I make a huge batch and freeze the leftover for a quick meal whenever I need one!

Heather said...

I will be trying this recipe VERY SOON!! Looks so delicious!

Kimberly said...

Amy - I'll hold you to that, too! You better deliver or I'm gonna hog-tie and guilt-trip you, too. :)

Ooooh, Kasey - so glad you reminded me about freezing. I have got to get that meal-planning trick into my head on an automatic go-to plan!

You'll love it Heather!

Memaw said...

DElicious!