Aug 17, 2010

Recipe: Spinach Quiche

Tried this new low-carb recipe yesterday from E-Mealz and, I have to say, it was really good. Mild flavor, but still flavor. Almost no carbs. Gets you a dose of greens without tasting like a dose of greens. Even the kids ate it. Will do this one again.

Crustless Spinach Quiche

1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. milk
3 T prepared pesto
1/4 t. salt
5 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
6 eggs, beaten

Heat oven to 375. Reserve 1/4 c. of cheese. In medium bowl, combine cheese, milk, pesto, salt, eggs, and spinach. Pour into greased pie plate. Bake in oven about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; return to oven to melt. Cut into wedges; serve.

The recipe said to serve it with cantaloupe wedges, but I forgot, and that was too bad since we actually had this pretty little home grown one straight from Josh's vine in the back yard. Shame on me. Next time.

Instead we served the quiche with ham, grape tomatoes (also home grown), and some leftover black-eyed peas. Yum. And - bonus - healthy.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I would have NEVER in my life pegged you for wanting to make a spinich quiche! Wow girl, I'm a little shocked, and a little impressed. Dont know that I could bring myself to make a spinich dinner. I'll just trust you that it was good.

Kimberly said...

Once you go hummus, you might as well go spinach.

Unknown said...

me likey:-)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Wow! This sounds easy and amazing and definitely like something we would enjoy. I'll have to try it soon. :) Thanks for sharing!