Aug 6, 2010

Princess Pants

The things I catch myself saying in the name of being the mama just crack me up. Lately, one of those things is this, " Don't pee pee in your princess pants."

Anna's potty training is going so easily, so smoothly. I hardly have to lift a finger aside from the princess pants reminder. I do put a lot of fresh diapers on her after she uses the potty and then turns around and goes again in 10 minutes, but that doesn't bother me one bit. She is training herself, for crying out loud.

She thinks the pretty pink pull-ups are hallowed. She doesn't get to wear them every day yet because she still wets the diapers as much as she goes in the potty, but the prize is in sight and I think she is making the connection - that not only does she need to pee in the potty (when she and Noah get their precious candy), but she needs to put alllllll her pee in the potty to keep her diapers dry. And dry diapers mean pretty princess pull-ups. And THAT means mama says that thing and then laughs aloud to herself because it's just too hard to say it without laughing.

"Don't pee pee in your princess pants."

2 comments:

Emily said...

awwwe! I'm so jealous...Natalie is ever content in her diapers...she is NOT content to have her poo poo sitting there for more than the time it takes her to tell me she went poo poo though. If I dont' hop to it adn change that diaper...she will...and then I'll need the steam cleaning vacuum. Yes. It happened last week, I waited a few too minutes too long, and she and Brooklyn tried to change her poopie diaper. I'm afraid of where they are learning their impatience from. Yikes. :(

Kimberly said...

That's not impatience. That's initiative. Teamwork. Determination. Logical thinking. All very good qualities for a girl to have. :)