Aug 2, 2010

Today's Number: 3

Why three, you ask? Well. Let me tell you.

Three is the number of public places where my daughter layed flat out on her belly on the floor to resist my making her leave with us.

And the girl spared me (and whoever else was watching) no expense in her displays. She went so far as to put her open mouth on the nasty floors of those very public places in her snits of a fit.

Oh. My. Word.

I am sure the kind elderly couple sitting nearby was gasping for breath at how fast I snatched her up off the floor at our last stop today. McDonald's. For an ice cream treat, no less.

We take that girl to get ice cream and she thanks us by sprawling out on and puckering up for the floor. Oh. My. Word. That nasty floor.

Now that I think about it, the floor of her first fit was just outside the door to her pediatrician's office. Yeah. That floor had to be crawling with every sick kid's germs that walked in there ahead of us. Ohhhhh, shiver.

Next week's number: How many communicable diseases one tiny girl can endure at once.

4 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I know I shouldn't, but I laughed so hard reading this. For 2 girls to never have met and for them to be born about 13 years apart they sure do have a lot in common. DNA is a funny, funny thing.

Emily said...

EWE....gross!!! LOL

Unknown said...

I had to laugh but I felt sorry for you!

Kimberly said...

Oh, don't feel too sorry for me. We laughed the whole way to the car. I am sure the little old couple thinks we are not taking this parenting thing seriously. :)