Aug 18, 2010

Recipe: Tulips

I know not why this recipe it called Tulips. But I know why it was in the kid-friendly section of the new recipe book I got from MOPS. It's appealing to kids in it's appearance and there are few ingredients which leaves little room for any "I don't like that part" comments. It is also simple and fun to make, so it would be great to have the kids help you assemble.

Tulips

1 lb. ground beef
1 can cream of celery
8-12 slices of bread, crusts removed
8 slices of American cheese (shredded cheese also works)

Brown beef, drain, and mix with cream of celery soup. Set aside.
Press bread into muffin pan (1 piece per cup). Toast in oven.
Spoon meat mixture into bread cups.
Top each with 1/4 or 1/2 slice of cheese or shredded cheddar.
Bake in oven at 350 10-15 minutes or until cheese melts.

I say they would be better titled Cheeseburger Muffins. :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

mmmm. we'll be trying that one while Lee's gone!! Thanks for the idea!

Emily said...

plus...it's like all the stuff you already have on hand! Don't even have to go to the store!!!!!!

Kimberly said...

You would think. We only use the flatbreads lately, so I (well, Josh actually) had to run out and get regular bread. But yeah, in a normal household you would have all these ingredients on hand. :)

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy. I wonder if my picky kid would try it?