May 7, 2010

So Sad it's Over

I am so sad to have finished up As Sure as the Dawn today, the last book in the Mark of the Lion trilogy by Francince Rivers. It was a fantastic series and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys novels. I devoured all three books for the excellent story, the telling, the history, and the wonderful words I read along the way. This is the last installment of vocabulary I gleaned from this trilogy:


  • upstart
  • deviled
  • invective
  • guffaw
  • terebinth
  • riffling
  • ferocity
  • mercurial
  • sweeting
  • accede
  • upended
  • festooned
  • balefully
  • implacable
  • derisive
  • akimbo
  • plaudits
  • machinations
  • sagacity
  • acrid
  • mewling
  • bandied
  • amenable
  • disaffection
  • rioutous
  • quay
  • cur
  • rapt
  • adulation
  • protestations
  • becalmed
  • amphora
  • misgivings
  • proferred
  • onerous
  • largess
  • reticence
  • amoratae
  • garbly
  • morass
  • niggling
  • sojourners
  • copse
  • beatific
  • infernal
  • brigands
  • crystalline
  • obduracy
  • perfunctory
  • buffeted
  • torpidness
  • effrontery
  • allay
  • maelstrom
  • augury
  • runes
  • under-chief
  • unfettered
  • recant
  • gutteral
  • baritus
  • lambastes
  • telltale
  • indistinct
  • valorous
  • vitriol
  • belladonna
  • unduly
  • fracas
  • richness
  • interloper
  • rancorous
  • marauding
  • subterfuge

5 comments:

Emily said...

ohh ohhh...Can I borrow those books if you're done?! I SO want to read them!

Kimberly said...

I gave the first two to Mom, but I am sure she will be done with them both by the time you go to her house next month. They are all yours.

Emily said...

Oh and about next month...the word of the week is they won't be going in June, but they will be going over july 4th...so basically, I'll let you know when Lee actually knows something permanent.

Emily said...

My conversation just now,
Brooklyn - Hey look! That's my Aunt! Aunt Kimmie
Me - that's right, she's your ant.
B'lyn- That's right. But ants bite, right mommy? hahahah!!!

Kimberly said...

Tell Brooklyn that I am going in for a bite next time I see her. She better run!

Too funny!