Nov 21, 2009

Recipe: Super Easy Chicken

It is 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday and I have already made dinner. Yes, that's right. Already made dinner. See recipe below for super easy, tasty, tender chicken. The best past of the recipe is that you do not have to defrost the chicken.

Super Easy Chicken

4 frozen chicken-breast halves
1 pkg. dry Italian dressing mix
1 cup warm water, or chicken stock

Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with dressing mix. Pour water over chicken. Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours.

Recipe taken from the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook full of nothing but slow cooker recipes.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my stars! I'll be making this easy recipe this week!! And I have this cookbook too. I've only tried a few and then failed at those few...or at least we didn't like them. Do you have any more from this cookbook you could pass along? Or just the pages numbers?

Heather said...

By the way...I am loving all the recipes you've been putting up here recently! Keep it up! :)

Kimberly said...

The only other things I remember making more than once from this cookbook so far were the Seven-Layer Bars on p. 250 and the Zippy Beef Tips on on p. 100...or maybe it was the Easy Company Beef on p. 84. We have done so many of the recipes in here - and I haven't used it in months, so I can't remember for sure.

I am about to go through the book again and try several new ones, so I'll be sure to mention any notables. :)