Nov 16, 2009

Photo Slump

We take a lot of pictures in our family. It's Josh's philosophy, in fact, that when the kids are grown and gone, we won't regret the surplus I worry we have now and we will probably wish we had more to remember these days by. So in this family, we click, click, click away and enjoy ourselves doing it. But for some reason, November came in and my picture-snapping impulses went out. I must have been feeling distracted, or you know, scattered. I think the mice (of which we are hunting the eighth! eighth!!) have chipped away at my focus. All I have to show for the past few weeks are these two uninspiring shots from McDonald's, which, by the way, we will never go back to. Sorry Noah. Too much ick for my brain to handle.


I have taken some pics from our recent home improvements, though. I offer those here now. Our new counter tops (still waiting on getting the back splash installed) and the screened porch (with shingles now, and almost completed handrail for the steps Josh built last weekend).



It's about to rain soon (any minute now really) and I am looking forward to that. By then, Noah and Anna will be up from their naps and I have plans for us to enjoy hanging out on the porch watching the rain come down. Just thinking about it inspired me to go take some pics of the back porch. And then I got distracted (imagine that) and started taking pics of our back yard instead. Now, at least, I have something to show in our picture folder for this month. And so, without further ado, let me show you around our yard!

Josh's office is housed in a separate space in the the back of his workshop. We just had it wired for electricity last week.


Anna's play equipment that used to be Noah's. Actually, Noah still loves it and climbs all over it when Anna is using it.


Noah's "bwoo swing". Josh has it hanging from a very high branch and it swings so smooth and long and high. According to Noah he is "high as the clouds".


One of many stupid mole hills and tunnels in our yard.


Noah's swing set. His favorite thing to do is roll two giant Tonka trucks down the slide. Anna's favorite thing here is the sandbox underneath the platform area.


View from the corner of our yard.


Where we (and by we, I mean Josh) are going to build a veggie garden next year.


And I know these aren't exactly back yard pics, but I got on a roll while I was outside. Some shots from the back porch ... complete with plastic furnishings, aka - toys.

Noah's basketball goal, transplanted from his bedroom.


Outdoor seating....which is really hard to find in stores in fall/winter.


Anna's kitchen, transplanted from the playroom.

Now, the kiddos are up, Josh is done working, and we are all just waiting on the rain ... and dinner. Sadly, Anna's kitchen won't get that job done. Duty calls.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for the tour! I LOVE your backyard! Jealousy fills my soul. How blessed you are! And loving the new room on your house. So fun to think about going and watching the rain come down and still being outside. Very, very fun!

Emily said...

Dude, even I'm a little jealous of that back porch! One day we'll get to have one of those...thought it will cut into our yard space.

Man I have a lot of posts to catch up on!