Nov 23, 2009

Recipe: OREO Truffles

Not trying to steal the credit here. This recipe came from Emily and it is TO DIE FOR. Very dangerous to leave open in the kitchen. Disappears quickly. These Oreo bad boys are what I am going to give to my neighbors for Christmas.

Oreo Truffles

1 pkg. of Oreos
8 oz. cream cheese
white chocolate chips
1 T. Crisco

Ground up Oreos and mix with cream cheese.
Roll Oreo mixture into balls and place on wax paper.
Put in freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
Melt white chocolate chips and 1 T. of Crisco in microwave.
Dip Oreo balls into melted white chocolate.
Set back on wax paper to set.

Notes from our family's Oreo Truffle Queen, Emily: Good recipe to let the kids help with. Use a food processor to ground up the Oreos. Don't forget to add the crisco to the chips when you melt them, otherwise it won't be smooth enough to dip onto Oreo balls and you'll get frustrated and want to cuss.

And, there you have it. :)

3 comments:

Laura Koslowsky said...

You passed along this recipe when we got together in Baltimore a few years ago. We love this. They have become a holiday tradition for us. I will make them to take with me to all the events where we are asked to bring treats to share. I've also tried dipping them in different kinds of chocolates which were good too, but I do think that the white chocolate is the best. It offsets the chocolate oreos on the inside the best.

Heather said...

I will SO BE TRYING THIS soon!!!!!!

Kimberly said...

I do remember now that that was one of my recipes to trade that weekend!