Nov 10, 2009

List: A Child's Needs

A list taken from our pastor's blog, Doing Life Together:

Here’s some great stuff about raising your kids from Robert Lewis. This list, entitled “What Your Child Needs for You to Know,” comes from Session 8 of Men’s Fraternity’s Authentic Manhood: Winning at Work & Home.

* I need you to know somebody must be there for me in the early years. It’s critical for my development!

* I need a balance of discipline, instruction, and love growing up.

* I need you to know my personality and honor it. The sooner, the better.

* I need you to discover my bent and actively support it.

* I need you to know too much is too much.

* I need you to show me what to believe by living it.

* I need you to know you can wound me for a lifetime.

* I need you to adjust your leadership style to me as I grow.

* I need you to make some great memories with me to live on.

* I need you to love God and share Him with me.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Such a good list of reminders!