Nov 27, 2009

2 Recipes: Corn Pudding

This is a new slow cooker recipe I tried this Thanksgiving from the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook. It was so sweet and delicious. We deemed it our favorite food from our feast. In truth, somehow I totally botched the ingredients I included, but it still turned out great. Thanksgiving miracle, I guess. Or just dumb luck.

Corn Pudding

2 10 oz. cans whole kernel corn with juice
2 1 lb. cans creamed corn
2 boxes corn muffin mix
1 stick margarine
8 oz. sour cream

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover. Heat on low 2-3 hours until thickened and set. Serves 10 or more. (Yikes, 10? - Next time I'll try to cut the recipe down to half and see how that works).

(I was not paying attention to what I was doing and I used 2 15 oz. cans of whole kernel corn and only 1 15 oz. can of cream corn. By the end of 3 hours we thought it looked a little too wet and soupy, so we stirred it, turned it to high, and left it about 15 more minutes. We took what we could get after that and loved it. Just loved it.)

Then I found this recipe (from Laura :)) that is just as simple and uses about half the above 10 serving recipe ingredients. And it doesn't need several hours in a crock pot. Our favorite version of this recipe ended up skipping the sour cream and sugar and oil although if I had had sour cream in the house I would have included it. And might still next time.

Corn Pudding

1 can creamed corn, 1 can regular corn
2 eggs, 1/3 cup oil, 3/4 cup sour cream
1 box corn muffin mix, 1/2 cup sugar

Mix together. Spray 9 x 13 dish with Pam and pour mixture in. Bake in preheated 350 oven for 1 hour.

5 comments:

Laura Koslowsky said...

Yes, you will love this recipe if you try it. I get asked now to bring this to all family functions.

Emily said...

Interesting. Never though of corn as a dessert.

Kimberly said...

I don't think it counts as a dessert. No, no. Dessert must be chocolatey!

Emily said...

Agreed!!!!

Emily said...

Agreed!!!!