May 6, 2015

In the Grip of Tolkien

We finished up the third movie from the book The Hobbit this weekend and we are having a hard time leaving the book and movie behind.  I keep playing Ed Sheeran's I See Fire from the soundtrack on repeat...



Like, shamelessly grooving and jamming to it.  On repeat.  And then repeat again and again. I have contemplated adding this to the kids bedtime music queue, too.  Ha!

Josh geeks out in his own way since our completing the book and the movies.  I texted him this pic today asking if he thought these were raccoon prints on our trashcan.


He texted back:  All I see is the white hand of Saruman.

Noah deals with his post-Hobbit grief by looking forward only.  He said as soon as the third movie's credits started to roll, "If I can see The Hobbit, I should be able to see The Lord of the Rings, right?"

Right-o, sir!  But he must earn his viewing pleasure of that trilogy by listening to the audio book first.  Point me to the library, STAT!

2 comments:

Emily said...

LOL!!!!!! Oh. My. Gosh.

I am dying over here. Dying.

Wait till I show Lee this post. I bet he'd say something like, "I could see them dressing up like those crazy star trek nerds - to go watch the movies" LOL!

I just love you guys.

Kimberly said...

Ha! Not quite Comic Con geeking out, but definitely Halloween costume geeking out. I am gonna see if I can find some Hobbit costumes for the kids. I really am. If they will let me. :}